Spherics recognises that we are facing a planetary climate and ecological emergency that is impacting our most precious natural resources, exacerbating social inequalities and damaging human health. We are committed to using our voice and influence to inspire the action needed to tackle the urgent crisis we face.
As an organisation, we commit to:
- Inspiring urgent action and debate on climate change with measurable results.
- Achieving net zero emissions in our operations by 2025 (scope 1, 2 and 3).
- Using the highest standard carbon offsets, and only if all other commercially viable reduction strategies have been considered first.
- Setting interim science-based targets across all relevant scopes and in line with the criteria and recommendations of the Science Based Targets initiative, by January 2023.
- Using the Spherics platform to measure, mitigate and manage our own emissions, reporting our greenhouse gas emissions to our Board annually in December, and publicly via our website.
- Sharing a climate action plan for reducing carbon emissions, by January 2022.
- Reporting progress on emissions targets annually in December.
- Creating and maintaining a database of climate solutions.
- Combating greenwashing by speaking the truth on climate and ecological issues.
- Sharing best practices and learnings with our network, including publishing at least one piece of research/thought-leadership each year.
- Appointing a member of our executive team to be responsible and accountable for our net zero target.
- Measuring and supporting our team to reduce their carbon impacts at home and in their leisure time, including becoming a Climate Perks employer.
- Only working with suppliers who have declared a climate emergency and made net zero carbon commitments by 2025.
- Becoming an accredited B Corporation in 2022.